Concealed Carry Training Class
Upon successful completion of this North Carolina Concealed Carry Course you will be provided with the certificate needed to apply for a Concealed Carry Permit. You submit this certificate along with your Concealed Carry Permit Application at the Sheriff's office in the county that you live in.
About your Instructor Chad Coffey
Graduated from North Carolina Central University in 1998 with honors with a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice.
Worked 22 years in law enforcement with the last 17 years being specifically in drug enforcement. Certified by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission as a general instructor, firearms instructor, physical fitness instructor, rapid deployment/active shooter instructor, subject control and arrest techniques instructor, and a basic law enforcement training school director. I am also certified as an advanced S.W.A.T. operator, an H & K submachine gun operator, sniper, ground fighting instructor, and a Glock armorer. I am also a competitive IDPA shooter.
I have been a Concealed Carry Instructor since 2005 and have taught over 4000 candidates the Concealed Weapons Carry class ranging in ages from 16-87.
Make sure you are able to register for your Concealed Carry Permit
Be Sure You Can Answer these Sheriff's Questions
In order to obtain a Concealed Carry Handgun permit you must apply to the Sheriff's Office within your county of residence. The Sheriff shall issue a permit to you if you qualify under the following criteria according to North Carolina General Stature 14-415.12. The following questions are part of the Sheriff's Questions that will keep you from receiving your concealed carry handgun permit.
- I am a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of NC.
- I am 21 years of age or older.
- I do not suffer from any mental infirmity that prevents safe handling of a handgun.
- I am eligible to own or possess or receive a firearm under the provisions of state or federal law.
- I am not under indictment or against whom a finding of probable cause exist for a felony.
- I have not been adjudicated guilty of a felony.
- I am not an unlawful user, or addicted to marijuana, alcohol, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled or uncontrolled substance.
- I have not been discharged from the armed forces under less than honorable conditions.