Concealed Carry Training Class
Upon successful completion of this North Carolina Concealed Carry Course you will be provided with the certificate needed to apply for a Concealed Carry Permit. You submit this certificate along with your Concealed Carry Permit Application at the Sheriff's office in the county that you live in.
About your Instructor Chad Coffey
I am a Sergeant with the Granville County Sheriff's Office with the A.C.E Unit (Aggressive Criminal Enforcement) and am also the training coordinator. I do all of the firearms training for the Granville County Sheriff's Office, Stem Police Department, Stovall Police Department, and assist with the firearms training of other surrounding agencies. I am a part time instructor for Vance Granville Community College where I teach firearms, physical training, subject control and arrest techniques as well as other law enforcement topics. I have been a Concealed Carry Instructor since 2005 and have taught over 4000 candidates the Concealed Weapons Carry class ranging in ages from 16-87. I am a certified Glock Armorer and am a competitive IDPA shooter.
Make sure you are able to register for your Concealed Carry Permit
Be Sure You Can Answer these Sheriff's Questions
In order to obtain a Concealed Carry Handgun permit you must apply to the Sheriff's Office within your county of residence. The Sheriff shall issue a permit to you if you qualify under the following criteria according to North Carolina General Stature 14-415.12. The following questions are part of the Sheriff's Questions that will keep you from receiving your concealed carry handgun permit.
- I am a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of NC.
- I am 21 years of age or older.
- I do not suffer from any mental infirmity that prevents safe handling of a handgun.
- I am eligible to own or possess or receive a firearm under the provisions of state or federal law.
- I am not under indictment or against whom a finding of probable cause exist for a felony.
- I have not been adjudicated guilty of a felony.
- I am not an unlawful user, or addicted to marijuana, alcohol, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled or uncontrolled substance.
- I have not been discharged from the armed forces under less than honorable conditions.